International Furniture Retailer
Category Manager & Sr. Merchandiser
As Category Manager & Senior Merchandiser you are responsible for managing all operations within India. This involves taking responsibility for profit, revenue, cash and quality targets. Also you will manage the Pakistan team from distance.
- Agreeing annual budgets and producing a detailed annual business operating plan are tasks a Country Manager to deliver as well as monthly, quarterly or annual targets for revenue, profits and cash.
- Produce business performance reports, which could be on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Recruit and manage staff, including performance monitoring, and possibly mentoring and training. Ensure the office follows local laws and regulations, liaising with management at the headquarter.
- Responsible for running and managing the day to day sourcing operation
- Responsible for smooth running of order management, supplier delivery performance as well as understanding of quality requirement and process.
division of multinational company
Our client is one of the top 5 European Furniture retailing companies. The division’s core objective is to create a distinct competitive advantage by providing speed-to-market of exclusive, quality approved products at competitive prices.
Characterized by Openness
Informal and dynamic ambience, with a fast pace and good rhythm. Open communication is highly valued. Good balance between young and more experienced professionals.
Intercultural communication & international colleagues
– At least five years management experience and three to four years of experience in an international environment.
– Strong understanding of how a business operates and successful candidates will have a proven track record demonstrating their understanding and business acumen.
– Experienced in Sourcing, supplier management background.
– General management experience is essential for working in this job.
Competencies & Skills
– a solid understanding of budgeting and financial planning is essential as this role involves agreeing annual budgets as well as producing financial reports.
– Excellent networking skills and be able to deliver the highest standards of customer service
– The ability to recruit staff and monitor performance.
– Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, including people-management, leadership and both written and verbal communication skills.
– A bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably with some financial qualifications or training.
About the client
Our client is one of the top 5 European Furniture retailing companies. The division is the service provider to the groups other entities, based in Gurgaon, India. This division’s core objective is to create a distinct competitive advantage by providing speed-to-market of exclusive, quality approved products at competitive prices. The division is also responsible for identifying and assessing potential suppliers, comprehensive material procurement, product and fabric development, technical assistance, coordination of sample approvals, assessment of lab tests and raw material availability, the supervision of logistics and shipping information and quality assurance inspections at all vendor production sites. The company has an open culture, with a mixture of new and eager people combined with strong experience, based in France, Asia, Poland and Germany. The continuous development of the company and the dynamics of the group offer a lot of career opportunities.
What we offer
A competitive salary and bonus package
A managerial position in one of the world’s leading furniture retailing companies
The continuous development of the company and the dynamics of the Steinhoff Group offer a lot of career opportunities.
Interested? Want to know more?
Email or call us
+31 30 63 40 0 88
Zonnebaan 15, 3542 EA Utrecht
Get In Touch
We would like to hear from you.